Modern technology and unhealthy living are factors of many optical problems. But do you know that we can still prevent these visual complications by doing these simple steps in our home? Below are the nine proven ways to restore your eyesight.
1. Avoid over straining your eyes during the day. Close your eyes for a few minutes, and enjoy the peace once every 2-3 hours.
2. These are the 16 basic and famous exercises you can use to give your eyes a workout. Do them accordingly as indicated every day.
3. If you wear glasses, take them off more often. Lessen the time that you have them on if you can.
4. Give your eyes a massage with the help of gentle circular motions. Move through points 1 to 6 as shown in the image below.
Use your middle and index fingers to press on your eyes. You should feel slight pressure, but definitely not pain when you perform the actions.
5. When you are out for a walk in the open air, try to look into the distance more often rather than focusing on your own legs or immediately in front of you.
6. Drink carrot juice preferably every day if you can.
You can also add one or two drops of olive oil to it to achieve the maximum benefit from this practice. Don’t worry it won’t spoil the taste, but it will help you absorb the healthy elements in the carrot juice more effectively.
7. It is great to wash your eyes with warm water when they feel tired.
8. Try not to stare at the screen of a computer, TV, or smartphone for at least two hours before going to bed in which many of us are guilty.
9. You can even try the Indian Trataka exercise for the eyes. It will help your eyes and your mind to stay focused.
“Sit facing a small stationary object placed in an open space (a candle, for example). Focus your eyes and all of your attention on it. Try not to blink. You should aim to have a firm, detailed image of the object in your mind and memory.
Then close your eyes, and focus your attention on the space between your eyebrows, trying to keep the image of the object in your head for as long as you can. Do this for around 10 minutes.”
The Indian Trataka exercise aims to achieve a clear image of something before your eyes become tired.