In Canada, Food service industries offers so many opportunities for today’s job seekers. A lot of Filipino also experience and benefited in this type of job. Immigrants from Philippines and from other countries who’s known for being friendly and hospitable are very much welcome to work and permanently live in Canada.
Below is the list of Job available in the Food Service Industry:
Food Service Assistant
Head of Hospitality
Food and Beverage Manager
Market Team Leader
Sample Job Description and other Requirements for Waiter:
Waiters are responsible for serving customers. This can be a customer in Restaurant, cruise ship, hotels etc. Waiters are responsible in taking and serving customer’s order. Waiter shoul Constantly attend to their customer’s need like refilling of coffee, sauces and other needs. they are also responsible for handling the check to the customers and wait for their payments.
* Graduate of Hotel and Restaurant Management, or
* 2 – year vocational course related in HRM.
* Training Certificate in Waiter, or
* Food Service or Restaurant Management
* Certificate must be from TESDA accredited centers
* Must have at least 2-3 yeas experience in food serving
* Food and Beverage Certificate
Skills and other Requirements:
* Knowledgeable in Food Service
* Attentive with Good to excellent listening Skills
* Experience in Food Service is required
* Articulate and Alert
* Basic Mathematics
* Courteous and Patient
* Can work under pressure
* Must know how to deal with different types of customer
Sample Basic Salary for Waiters:
from $1500 CAD to $2500 CAD or
from Php 61,000.oo to Php 101,000.00
Health Care Insurance and other allowances
Food Service Industry has a lot of opportunities to offer, all you have to do is to make sure you have the needed requirements. Training centers are just around the corner and the needs for migrant workers are thousands all over the world and now Canada is in need of people with great interest and good background in the food service industry.