Burpees, maybe the best all around exercise because it is great for weight loss, strength training and for conditioning. It is very popular to Athletes and Military. You will encounter burpees almost everywhere. High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) and CrossFit training includes burpees. It is considered as the most efficient and most functional exercise.
Here are the three best reason why burpees is the best:
1. Full body workout
Unlike any other exercises, burpees will work on almost every part of your body. From legs, thighs (lower body), abs (core), chest, back and arms (upper body).
2. Burns tons of calories and fast
This exercise will immediately increase your heart rate and since it’s working out every part of your body, it will burn more calories than the usual isolation exercises.
3. You can do it almost anywhere
This is the best part, you can do this exercise almost anywhere. You won’t need plenty of spaces either. No need for gym membership, this can be done both indoors and outdoors.
Alright! Alright! I’m convinced. So how do I actually do a burpees?
Here are the steps to do it. Really easy.
- STAND UP STRAIGHT AND GET INTO A SQUAT POSITION.
- LOWER YOUR BODY AND PLACE YOUR HAND ON THE GROUND IN FRONT OF YOU.
- KICK YOUR FEET BACK AND GET INTO A PUSH UP POSITION.
- LOWER YOUR CHEST TO THE GROUND AND THEN PUSH UP.
- RETURN YOUR FEET BACK AND GO BACK TO A SQUAT POSITION.
- IMMEDIATELY JUMP UP TO THE AIR.
- REPEAT AS MANY AS YOU CAN.
How to do Burpee video tutorial: